Relevance and Revolution

Monday, June 18, 2007

Night Off and Child Spotting

Last night Chef Boy and I had the night off. We drove to Ft. Collins (recently voted the #1 city in which to live) to goof around. We planned on eating something spicy and seeing a movie after running a few errands.

It was a great night. We found a local Thai restaurant and shared some yummy pad thai and panang curry. Along with the beer and the lightest crab rangoons I've ever tasted, the meal was supurb. Of course what do I become obsessed with but the families sitting near us. It is just so weird to be living without our children with us. I couldn't help eavesdropping on their conversations about their daily lives- a girl going to Girl Scout camp, the toddler following her dad to the bathroom. Then a family of 6 walked in- 4 boys. I kept feeling like I needed to go around and tell everyone, "I'm a Mom, too. My kids are just at camp right now. Usually we are a family, too, not just a couple." I almost felt like I got different looks without them. It was weird.

On the other hand, it was amazing to be walking around and able to do ANYTHING we wanted!!!!! We could have gone to two movies in a row if we wanted!!!

Speaking of movies... we saw "Knocked Up". OMIGOD!!! It was SO good. Chef Boy and I were both laughing out loud the entire movie. I totally reccommend it.

Overall, a great evening. And, Chef Boy boss man let me sleep in today and skip breakfast. It was joyous sleeping in, snuggled under the covers as the water rushed by... glorious.

Today, Chef Boy and I stalked our children at main camp. Yes, we did. We drove over there and slowly scoped out the camp until we layed our eyes on the two red heads. Man Child was on his way to ride horses and Princess was just leaving the climbing gym. They both looked great! We've received mail from both who report to love camp and be having fun. I'm so excited because next Sunday is the All Camp Campfire!!! This is my favorite part of camp because of all the skits AND I get to see my kiddos!!! Ye Ha

Tomorrow I'm going to work on posting pictures. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Go Go Girl said...

Hey you! We're missing you like crazy and thrilled you have access to a computer. Summer in Lawrence......well, it's summer in Lawrence. It always seems so fleeting - can't believe June is almost over. It's ok to spy on your kids btw - I do it all the time and I'm not away from them much. It's fun/scary to see how they interact when they don't think anyone is looking.....

Miss you like crazy. GGG

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home