Relevance and Revolution

Thursday, June 14, 2007

My Baby is at Camp!

All the kiddos are now safely delivered to their camp units. Man Child and the Princess are at main camp and Curly Locks is still here at GTE with us.

I balled my eyes out all last night.

Why? Because my little baby Princess is away from me! I've been away from her before- when I was away for work; she was on a sleepover... but it is somehow different. Even though I am fairly close to her in proximity, I think her being at camp- being able to do this amazing, big deal thing without me is representative of how she is clearly a baby no longer.

She is growing up and she is the final one. The final one who will be the youngest. I simply won't have a 4 year old ever again asking why? why? why?; will never take another first birthday photo of a baby happily licking frosting off their face; and will never have my baby twirl my hair as they rest their sleeping head on my shoulder. Then again, I won't ever have to potty train anyone EVER again... This is a major milestone for both of us. Not to mention Chef Boy who is already making up reasons to travel to main camp to spy on her.

Dad's suffer this predicament, I know; but it is supremely melancholy for a mother to be forced to realize her brood is continually moving closer and closer to being self sufficient. It's just natural for us to need to have something to protect, love, nag, and keep close to us.

The thing that makes me know we will come out of it all right is that she is growing up into a wonderful person. She has an independence unlike the other two and is head strong- yet caring, loving, inquisitive, daring, and absolutely hilarious. And, this camp experience is making her grow even more into her own person.

As scary as that is for me, I know it is good for her.

It's just a good thing that A. She still let's me hug, kiss, and snuggle her as much as I like. and B. Jennifer will be delivering a bundle in which I can get my baby fix!!

1 Comments:

Blogger the rotten correspondent said...

sucks to be the mom. truly. check out my blog tomorrow. tag! you're it! I'll try to get you over the weekend. I still feel like the dog's dinner...

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home