Relevance and Revolution

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Weather

It's hailing here.
Right now and I'm not kidding.

And there are kids standing in it.

Dumb kids.

This hail is roughly the size of golf balls and it sounds as if the roof will succumb at any moment. I can't hear someone talking right next to me- it's that loud.

The weather here is remarkable. I brag that I live in a humidity free zone all summer long, and it's true. It is one of the great things about Colorado.

However, random weather patterns so typical in the mountains make for an interesting day.

The cold of the morning usually is followed by an afternoon of just right, maybe with a short shower calmly falling during PNT (prime nap time) making for a wonderful slumber. Then, it goes back to chilly at sundown, making it a necessity to snuggle up with blankets.

On occasion, however, we get some crazy lightening with no rain. This is the scary kind that has no rules, so you have to get away from it ASAP.

Then, there are the high winds the higher you go up. Sometimes so powerful you lose your balance.

And then the hail. It's crazy! It's teasing with short bouts of slowing down to a loud rain.

I like it, weather and all. It's exciting!

It reminds me of one of my earliest memories- sleeping in our house with the tin roof while the rain gently pinged me to sleep.

3 Comments:

Blogger the rotten correspondent said...

Stacey and I were decorating Leiba's chair in my dining room when we both looked at each other and said " Was THAT the tornado siren??" Indeed it was and we all, Sasquatch included, went downstairs. This weather is bizarre!

8:51 PM  
Blogger the rotten correspondent said...

Tag! You're it! Check my blog for details.

7:37 AM  
Blogger the rotten correspondent said...

do you CHECK these things??? Award at my site. HELLOOOOO....

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home