Relevance and Revolution

Friday, April 27, 2007

Here I Go Again...

Okay, so it's been since June that I posted anything on my blog. Big deal. Since no one save for a few souls know it exists, I'm sure no one is crying. However, I want to start being regular, both in terms of bowels and blog writing, so this is the first attempt at Everyday Blogging. (Please sing that to the tune of "Everyday People". Sarcasm is my First Language has inspired me. I won't be nearly as clever or nice, but it'll be all me.

So, first of all, let's get a preview of what will soon dominate my blog.

1. A really good idea that my husband and I see as our calling in life. It is the perfect combination of us in an endeavor that makes me cry. I can't divulge all yet, but some of you may be contacted to brainstorm and advise. This is exciting, heartwarming, and amazing! Some of you have seen my husband and I do various activities together with little success- canoe trip- and might be frightened at the thought of us working together. However, I've not seen my husband this passionate before about an endeavor not taking place in the bedroom, and I can just feel it will be fabulous. Anyhoo, more to come on this.

2. Our camp experience in Colorado. Anyone who knows us knows that for the past 5 years some faction of the Dale-Marshall crew has spent their summers in Estes Park, CO working/going to summer camp. THIS summer, I get to go to. I get to work there as an official staff person and I am PSYCHED!!!! My job will be as Chicken Assistant to my husband, Chef Boy. This will be a good trial run for our above endeavor.
We will be working at Trail's End Ranch for Girls. This unit of Cheley Colorado Camps is out of the town of Estes Park, down the mountain, near a quaint village called Glen Haven. Don't blink around Glen Haven or you will miss the General Store and Volunteer Fire Department, as well as the road to GTE- a meandering dirt road that passes by many charming cabins set on a glistening mountain stream and ends at the Girl's Trail's End. Get it? The end of the trail; but the beginning of complete wonder.

So, what you can look forward to is a summer of (hopefully) daily postings about the goings on at camp; how I'm handling being assistant to my Chef Boy; how the kiddos are doing at camp; how I don't miss the humidity of Kansas; wildlife sightings, bears included; and maybe a little bit about how I'm going to try to literally hike my ass off during the summer. In addition, updates on the amazing endeavor mentioned above.

Until we actually GO to CO, I'll fill you in on the family members and give startling accounts of exciting parts of my life like school carnivals; children transitioning to High School (please help!); my wonderful friends (you'll have to meet the Snack and Smackers); real estate (an obsession) and maybe a listing of some of my other fabulous ideas that never come to fruition.

If anyone I send this link to is annoyed I never told you about it, so sorry! I'm still freaked out about people reading what I write. I know, I know... I'm an attention seeking Vagina Monologuist for gracious sake- but I've been writing in some form since... forever... and VERY few people have ever read any of it. I'm not really afraid of criticism, I think it is that writing is like therapy for me and therefore is an expression that is completely raw. So, don't think this means don't comment- please do, even to tell me something like my baby bangs look like ass or what I've just written is so boring you fell asleep at the computer.

Thanks for reading this and here's to our future adventures together!

2 Comments:

Blogger the rotten correspondent said...

Yay!! I'm so glad that you're doing this. It's hard to buy therapy this cheap! And I'm sure you're referring to someone else as fluent in sarcasm, but you know, you have the gene yourself. Capiche??

2:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ahhh Glen Haven! I think I told you that as a kid, I grew up going to Estes Park for most of the summer. My grandfather was a barber and cut hair up at the YMCA camp. My mom and I would go with my grandparents, stay free, and hang out in all of the surrounding areas. I remember when Glen Haven had two stores and a horse stable. We would go riding there at least once. The drive down always seemed like we were descending into the forest and I never knew how my mom could drive like that?! I still have a cup I bought for her from the general store! Lots of great memories and if I come across the pictures I am thinking of, I will share them with you! I look forward to reading your tales.....Holli

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home