Relevance and Revolution

Monday, November 28, 2005

blah, blah, blog

Ok- I don't regularly write in my blog. And, I haven't told a soul, minus P, that it even exists. Why is this, you ask? Well, because I am fearful of having people read what I write. Putting myself out "there" seems risky in case some day it all comes back to haunt me, I can't really write a coherent, much less amusing, sentence, or I decide to run for office. That last one was just a cop-out as I wont' really run for office.
I want to commit to anyone who DOES happen upon this and read it, to send out my blog address to all my friends. I want badly to do this. I'm going to try really hard. I want others to read this and comment and form a fabulous network of friends and new friends; support systems and commisurrates. I know I have to tell people about the blog in order for this to happen. I know if I tell people about the blog, then at least some people will read it out of a sense of duty. I know that the reason there are no comments at all on my blogs so far is that no one knows it exists out there in blog land, where there are more blogs than you can imagine.

All of this is an irrational fear. I can realize this due to my experience with other irrational fears.
I don't know that I can commit until I go back and read all of my previous entries, edit for grammar, and make sure there is at least one somewhat amusing comment per blog. After that, I promise to really try to tell my friends about my blog. I'll also have to come up with a system for talking about people without them knowing...

1 Comments:

Blogger ~ Lizzie P said...

Hi Purse girl. I know what you mean about anonymous blogging. My husband doesn't even know about mine! But I like writing what is in my head and I don't really worry about if anybody I know is reading it (they're not!) Keep blogging, though, you have interesting thoughts.

If you want to read mine -- it is lifeinthepresent@blogspot.com

Lizzie

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home